Spend a funny morning doing this and that. And reading on the net you can find amazing information. So i found The Matchbox That Ate a Forty-Ton Truck where there is – for example – this interesting quiz.Take a stab at this quiz, try to guess but if the answers don’t come they are given below. For more about the how’s and why’s of the answers, do grab a copy of the book — I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
1. If all the empty space were squeezed out of matter, the human race could fit in:
- Wembley Stadium?
- The area of the Isle of Wight?
- The volume of a sugar cube?
2. Einstein famously said:
- God does not play roulette with the Universe
- God does not play dice with the Universe
- God does not play poker with the Universe
3. The faster you travel:
- The taller you get
- The slimmer you get
- The lighter you get
4. The best place to look for evidence of the big bang in which the Universe was born is:
- On your TV
- In your washing machine
- At the Greenwich Meridian
5. Most of the Universe gives is currently invisible to our telescopes – but how much?
6. The scientists who won the Nobel prize for detecting the faint “afterglow” of the big bang thought they had found:
- the glow of pigeon droppings
- the glow of street lights
- the glow of glow worms
7. Einstein’s mathematics professor called him a:
- lazy possum
- lazy dingo
- lazy dog
8. Today’s sunlight was made:
- 30,000 years ago
- 300 minutes ago
- 3 seconds ago
9. Aged 16, Einstein came up with the idea of relativity after wondering what it might be like to travel on a:
- sound wave
- light wave
- steam train
9. The first time anyone eve saw an atom was in:
- 5 BC
Answers: 1C, 2B, 3B, 4A, 5C, 6A, 7C, 8A, 9B, 10A